Paving the road to hell, one good intention at a time.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

I really am a tee-totaller.....

Not that understand exactly what exactly being T-total means, ie where the expression comes from: I think my dad explained it once, was it to do with the Temperance Society???

Anyway, I know it means not drinking. Abstaining from alcohol. And that's me. For nigh on 50 years. Until I went to a certain festival..and got involved in late night drinking...really, all I wanted was a cup of tea, I was thirsty, I hadn't had much to eat....and it was warm, and someone offered me a peachy drink, nothing too nasty, only problem was it was fizzy, and I don't do fizzy either. Ugh. Nasty stuff. But I was thirsty, and is was all there was..you see, I really didn't mean to get drunk, on one Peach Archers, and sit on someone's knee, and say I loved them, and get uncontrollably giggly and need to be put to bed....

Just like this year, when once again I was out with a bunch of keen drinkers, whiskey drinkers at that: there I was with my orange juice, listening to a certain person drone on and on about which whiskey he was going to drink, the endless talking about it, never mind the drinking of it..after about 4 nights I just snapped. This whiskey worship was just too much. Wouldn't it be funny if he looked away for a minute and when he looked back his very expensive whiskey had gone? Wouldn't it be very funny? I don't even like the stuff. I had to force myself to drink it, reach for the glass and slug it down in one go, so I didn't have to taste it..even so it set my ears on fire....

You see, I didn't even think about getting drunk, it never crossed my mind, I just did it for a joke...but the helpless giggling and falling over did seem rather amusing..however, I really am T total, really I am.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home